About the Book
The Influence of a Father is a resource for effective parenting principles and a reference for fathers who want to develop the skills of effective parenting. Armed with Biblical truths and a wealth of knowledge gained from personal and professional experience, Tom Lane will show you how you can use your parental influence to train and prepare your children for life. In addition to helping men assume their role as a father it will help women understand the important role their husband should play in the life of their children. This parenting resource will help both men and women understand their parental influence and its impact for generations to come.
This book can help you:
- Establish, transfer, and reinforce your standards and values to your child
- Practice the 3 keys to balanced discipline
- Understand the nature of your child and influence him toward godliness
- All of us desire to be good fathers, but many of us just don't know how. In Tom Lane's remarkable book, The Influence of a Father, you will discover not only what to do, but how to do it. It's an easy and enjoyable read that will produce benefits for years to come in your family. It's a must read for the father and the fatherless! I wish I had read it 20 years ago.
- Robert Morris
- Tom Lane got it right! In his role as a father and in this great book, he has sounded a trumpet call to fathers everywhere. In his personal illustrations and practical suggestions, Tom has given us a thoroughly readable and helpful tool in our calling as fathers.
- Clark Whitten
- This is, by far, one of the best books about fathering I have read. Tom Lane offers practical, well-grounded advice…no fluff, no cute tricks, and no terminology you can't understand. This book is a must read if you want to know how to have a powerful influence in your child's life.
- Gary Smalley, Ph.D